Friday, March 22, 2013

Same Poncho - Different Result

We made the 1970's Granny Square Poncho pattern again. But this time, we made the pattern by crocheting two rows of a color instead of changing colors every row. The difference is amazing. The poncho looks like it was made using a different pattern - but it's the same one as before.




We picked out some new colors. We purchased 11 colors of 100% acrylic yarn, because I didn't have a bunch of colors that would go together. I'm not sure how that's possible, I have yarn everywhere!


To compare the two different methods of patterning the yarn, take a look at the poncho pics side-by-side.


There was quite a bit of yarn left over, so I am embarking on another project with the remaining yarn.

- - - - -

Special thanks to Jake, my 8-year old son, my photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment