Friday, April 5, 2013

New Project in the Works - Pinwheel Afghan


There was a bunch of yarn left over when the two ponchos were finished, and I have to use it up so I can buy new yarn. Alison sent me the Pinwheel Afghan pattern,  and I knew as soon as I saw it that it was the project for all of the different colors of yarn we had left.

This is such a cool pattern. The pattern is easy to memorize and because it's a pieced afghan, it is a portable project. I am taking the finished blocks to my sons' baseball practices and games and weaving in the ends - while practices are taking place, or when the games get a little slow.

I am using worsted weight yarns and a size H crochet hook, both of which are significantly bigger than what the pattern calls for - but that means I need to make fewer blocks to complete the afghan. Yay!

{The finished blocks are about 9 1/2 inches. I will need about 42 blocks to make the afghan the same size as noted in the pattern. About 1/3 of the blocks are complete.}

No comments:

Post a Comment