Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Finished Object: 1930s Sweater Sheer Lace Blouse or Top

1930s Sweater Sheer Lace Blouse or Top

Knit pattern PDF 5353

 

We would like to thank Kate for sending in pics of her finished sweater. She knit the Sheer Lace Blouse and it looks great. I can’t believe how nice her knitting is, especially with such fine yarn. Kate used a vintage crochet cotton. And is a really fast knitter. I wish I was that fast.
 


From Kate: 
"I thought you might be interested to see the jumper I made from the lovely pattern I bought from you in August. I love it so much I am making another one straight away :)"




"I like to knit old patterns using old yarns, and I don't worry too much if the yarn I want to use is not the same ply or weight as the pattern was written for."







“This is a really great, easy to follow pattern that was fun to knit. I used 3.25mm needles for the basque and 4.5mm for the torso and sleeves. The only variation I made to the pattern was that for the sleeve top decreases, I only made one decrease per row, where the pattern calls for two per row.”

 



 
You can find the pattern here.  







Our thanks again to Kate. She made a lovely sweater. I'm a little jealous of her knitting skills. 

Don't forget to check out the Vintage Yarn Wikia page for questions regarding vintage yarn weights.

Happy knitting!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the adorable pattern, and your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete