Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Calculating the Circumference or Diameter of a Circle

Good morning. This post was inspired by a conversation we had with a customer in our Etsy store.

As you may know, many of the old old old patterns do not include gauge or tension swatches or finished sizes in the patterns. It's a bit challenging to make a project without knowing what the final size of your project will be.

I found this radius, diameter and circumference calculator while working on a project last year. But I have found that it works great and comes in handy when working hats from the top down (with or without a pattern). You just need to click on the site, and enter the circumference measurement of your head, then click the "get the other values" button to see what diameter measurement you need to make the hat fit your head.

Because I don't always follow a pattern the way it was written, I find that I end up using the calculator to make a hat that fits my big noggin.

Click here to Calculate the circumference, diameter or radius of a circle.

This site is really useful for sewing and art projects and helping kids with their homework, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment