Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Project Started - It's a Poncho

Happy New Year!

1970s Granny Poncho - Crochet pattern PDF 7072
Granny Square Poncho
We have a new project started. The Granny Square Poncho is in the works. I started it while visiting family over the Christmas break.

We are using 100% acrylic weight yarn - as the pattern called for.  The yarn seems to be a little heavier than the original, so to make it have a little more body, and not be too floppy, we are using a crochet hook one size smaller than called for on the skeins.

The process has been a little weird as I am teaching myself how to hold a crochet hook differently than how I originally learned.
I learned to crochet by holding the hook like a pencil. Working on this poncho was making my wrist click and pop like nobody's business. I decided that I couldn't live with the noise and started holding my hook in the palm of my hand - more of a gripping of the hook than a holding of it.

The color palette-Granny Square Poncho
Slowly I am getting faster with my new grip on the hook. My wrist doesn't click and pop like it did before, and I'm not as sore when I finish up several rows of crochet. It is getting easier.

Like the pattern? You can find it in our etsy store: Granny Square Poncho listing.

No comments:

Post a Comment