Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's a Bodice!

I've been trying to work on the Crocheted Party Dress as much as possible. After a couple of days of working on an event for the little one's school, I'm back to crocheting.

The bodice of the Crocheted Party Dress. 35 rows completed.



At some point, you will run out of yarn. For some reason I decided to start with a ball of yarn that was half a skein. That meant I had to add yarn about 4 inches after started. I started looking around for a way to join new yarn while crocheting in the round. 

I found Techknitting's blog. There is a plethora of information on her site. It is absolutely fantastic! And, there was a great way to join yarn.... Working in ends as you go along: same color or changing color.


35 rows completed on bodice, 28 rows on left sleeve & 15 rows on right sleeve.
I am ready to start adding the taupe and persimmon bands to the left sleeve.

Since I am missing half a skein of yarn I had to work on the sleeves before completing the bodice so all of the top half of the dress is made with yarn of the same dye lot. Losing the skein meant that I had to clean up my crafting area - a complete drag! I don't want to buy another skein of yarn for the dress because once I purchase the skein I'm pretty sure the lost one will show up.

You can find the pattern in our Etsy store, just click here!

Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment