Thursday, May 29, 2014

1940s Snood/Headband - Crocheted Double Quick

This is a fast crochet project. I started this cute little snood and had the band finished in about 2 hours. It was great, and super motivating to finish the body of the snood in one sitting. I used our 1940s Snood & Hat, Calot, Pill Box & Bandeau pattern. I had 2 balls of Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet Thread, size 3 that we had purchased for a different hat. But that was a couple of years ago, when we had no idea how to estimate yardage and balls of yarn needed for a hat pattern. We guessed wrong - so wrong that I didn't have enough to even finish one portion of the hat. Those 2 balls of crochet thread were perfect for this little snood.


The color of the crochet cotton is Copper Mist, a copper metallic thread. I just discovered that the brand has been discontinued by Red Heart and replaced by Red Heart Fashion Crochet Thread. This color didn't seem to make the new color card, which is unfortunate, I'd like to make another snood out of this thread. 


It turns out that working with the size 3 crochet thread isn't nearly as scary as I remember it being, when I first started crocheting. The pattern calls for a size 0 steel crochet hook (3.25mm). That's a US size D. It's not that tiny for working with crochet thread. It's awesome!


Finished measurements, laying flat are: 2 inches wide x 10 1/2 inches - measured down the center of the band.

Happy crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment