Monday, May 19, 2014

A Boat Load of Aprons

We have a bunch of aprons to show today....

All were made using guidelines and patterns from our 1940s Aprons and Bibs Sewing and Crochet Patterns & Ideas booklet. I decided to make the aprons that were calling to me....

The first apron is a cute little one to wear when serving cocktails at your next dinner party. You can look cute and stay drip-free in this apron. The ruffles make it fun and kicky! The front circle panel features a pocket. 
Gay Ones for Cocktails Apron
The pocket view

The Heart Interest apron is a fun little hostess apron. I had this fabric in my stash, and I knew immediately that this goose print fabric was going to make up as the heart apron. Sometimes the fabric just talks to you.
Heart Interest Apron
Closeup of the hearts & bows

Of course I had to make the Knitter's Delight! This is a neat apron. Alison has her hands in the top pocket, but if you look carefully below the triangle pocket you can see two buttons that show where the bottom pocket is located.
Knitter's Delight
The pockets


More aprons will be coming soon. I am working on a few more in between all of my other projects that Alison insists I work on.  You can find the booklet in our Etsy store.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment