Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mitzi the Daschaund - Sew Cute

We have the cutest little sewing pattern.... Introducing Mitzi the Daschaund. She's a cute little thing designed to be made of felt.

For our project I made Mitzi out of muslin. We made her for my fourth-grader's teacher. She was retiring and I wanted to make her a cute little something that we could personalize from the class. We had the class sign the dog and gave Mitzi to her on the last day of school. I wish I had taken a picture of Mitzi full of names. She was so cute.


You might be wondering why Mitzi has big green button eyes. My little guy wanted Mitzi to be wearing sunglasses, so he found those fun buttons in my button stash and decided those were her glasses.

For her collar (which shows up a little bit in the pics on the left side of the collage) I used some double fold bias tape through which I hand sewed a decorative stitch with metallic silver thread. My little guy got his sunglasses, and I got my sparkle on Mitzi.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment